This is our one day first aid course which is aimed at professional drivers. The course covers all common emergencies, illnesses and injuries relating to working as a commercial driver. This course meets the JAUPT requirements for CPC and is fully recognised by the HSE as a trade body qualification.
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a Certificate and for online courses an Evidence Based Learning statement.
Unit 1: Emergency First Aid in the Workplace (credit can be given in some cases if already completed recently)
1. Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
2. Be able to assess an incident
3. Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
4. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
5. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
6. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
7. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries