This is a one day (six hours excluding breaks) course covering common most illnesses and injuries. This course meets the JAUPT requirements for CPC and is fully recognised by the HSE as a trade body qualification.
Maximum 12 students per course
The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a Certificate and for online courses an Evidence Based Learning statement.
Unit 1: Emergency First Aid in the Workplace (credit can be given in some cases if already completed recently)
1. Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
2. Be able to assess an incident
3. Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
4. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
5. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
6. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
7. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries