This is a one day regulated course covering life threatening illnesses and injuries. This course is aimed at newly qualified level 2/3 early years childcare practitioners. This course is recommended by Early Years Foundation Stage and meets childcare registration requirements.
The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a Certificate and for online courses an Evidence Based Learning statement.
Unit 1: Emergency Paediatric First Aid
1. Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
2. Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
3. Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who are unresponsive
4. Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who are choking
5. Be able to provide first aid to an infant or a child with external bleeding
6. Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child who is suffering from shock
7. Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child with bites, stings and minor injuries